Thursday 6 February 2014

Wet and wonderful interval session

I took yesterday off because some wine needed drinking.  I've been at the British Museum on a School Trip today.  I have a strong cup of coffee and head out into the rain for tonight's track session.

Mike announces 6x800, my favourite session.  There is a river on the track at 150m that will have to be run through on each lap.  I'm okay, I have my waterproof socks on.

And it is a good session.  I knuckle down and bang out the laps.  At the turn of the year I was struggling to do 1:45 laps, tonight I even manage a 1:31/135 duo.  I feel strong.  Perhaps it was a no-stress day, perhaps it was having yesterday off.   Maybe it is a couple of weeks of training.  Feels good afterwards though

1 mile tempo, 6x800

No comments:

Post a Comment