Saturday 15 February 2014

Saturday Afternoon Long Run

3 long training runs to go, and this afternoon I do one of them.  I've spent the day with the kids so do not feel to guilty going off to do the 18 miles (or 3 hours) late afternoon.   This allows me to make it back for lunchtime.  I decide to run 90 minutes out towards Clapham and then back.

It's still daylight but I start to badly need a wee.  Suddenly at Forest Hill I see a 24 hour Darlek toilet.  I dart in, and heaven.  (I stop on the way way back as well)

The worst thing after loo issues resolved is the sore thighs.  Still I get on with it.  On the way back I stop at a Tescos for some sports drink and some sugary sweets.  This helps me pick the pace up.  It is a struggle towards the end but I keep my form.  20 miles, 22 miles, the big day (26.2) and then an end to this.

18 Miles 2:57:07

No comments:

Post a Comment