Monday 3 January 2011

Early Bank Holiday Run

The alarm goes of at 6:30am. My kit is already packed from the night before. Time for the weekend's long run(done first thing bank holiday Monday). I couldn't face doing it last night.

I get up and it is still pitch black dark. I decide a road route to Petts Wood. After a couple of minutes I realise that it may be light soon. I re-route towards Hayes and the Common. It is still very dark as I run up through the common and on to the Nash Circular Walk. At some point I realise that it has become light. The Countryside in the early morning is absolutely beautiful. There is no-one else around, anywhere.

I miss out the last killer-hill of the Nash Circular walk and head home via Coney Hall, Hayes and Langley Park.

The pace is slow, as I would expect for an offroad, slow run slog. The last section from Westmoreland Road down through Shortlands Road is run at 5'40 pace. I had run this very fast the other day. I think it must be downhill.

At the end my left hand feels like it has frost bite. I love my running gloves but I think they are only good for temperatures more than 2 Celsius. It must have been less today.

Marathon Training? So far so good, and to be honest loving it. There's still plenty of time for dread and despair to kick in.

1:51 16.75km

No comments:

Post a Comment