Monday 24 January 2011

I love London


Had an additional rest day yesterday to get over Jerry's fiendish night run. I needed to get out today.

Someone I used to work with was going back to the US after 3 years in London. I decided to get them a gift from the team. I knew I could get it at the souvenir shop at St. Pauls. I decided to call in on the way back from the run. This would mean cutting the run short from the planned 40 minutes, so to keep my lunch within the hour.

I run down the Embankment, past Charing Cross Bridge and stop for 30 seconds. I turn and head back. The pace is punchy and I only get overtaken once.

I stop at the souvenir shop and buy the mug with "I love London" emblazened on it. Running down the Thames, taking in the River, you know what? "I Love London" too.

5km 28 minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment