Thursday 20 January 2011

Hayes and Back


Fancied a lunch time run but spent my whole lunch hour sorting out the 5 mile handicap race at work tomorrow.

I crow bar the kids into bed and go out for a quick hour before dinner. I'm not in the mood for hills so I plot a flattish route to Hayes. I aim to do 5km out and 5km back (10km in total)

I struggle and first and then settle into an average rhythm. I run past Hayes Station but it is still not 5km so run a little down towards Coney Hall. At 5km I stop and turn. I then pick up the pace. I hammer it all the way back home.

Perhaps as I am getting fitter, I am able to run faster on my training runs (though running in the sexy Piranhas definitely helps) I really hope it feeds through to a race. It always amazes me at how much faster I can race then in a training. A hungover, tired Park Run is always done faster than the most diligent 5km training run. No point pondering, just know and accept it.

Eventually I come flying back to the house.

10km 52:42 (5:17/km)

No comments:

Post a Comment