Friday 14 January 2011

Quick Run Home


Last week I had planned to run home but work had ruined that plan. This week I was determined to run home. I have tomorrow afternoon to myself and plan a long, long run so I plan to take it easy.

Straight away I am running fast. I'll probably slow down after a couple of miles. But I don't. I keep going, and going, and going. I don't even have time to take a drink from the bottle wedged in the side of my new backpack.

Usually on my own, I don't run fast. I'm too lazy. Today I am able to push and keep going. I think I will be on for a run to home record. It's dark but I plan to run across Beckenham Place Park. I get there and it is locked! I have to run up over Beckenham Hill and round. Yet, I still make it home in record time. Would have been even quicker with a short cut across the park.

It's the first time I have run a significant distance at faster than my target marathon pace. It's also a hilly slog on the way back from work. Also you have to check your pace for things like traffic.

A satisfying, fast, run. Let's see if I still think that on my long run tomorrow....

17.71km 1:38 (5:35/km)

No comments:

Post a Comment