Wednesday 21 March 2012

Defiant Run

Work was conspiring to keep me there and deny me my second run today.  But I am resolute and dispatch anything that comes my way.  I leave the office and head to Cannon Street.

It's still light and I can feel spring is well under way.  Next week the clocks change and then most of my runs will be home in the light.  I will have survived a winter of running.

I plod on.  The best bit is through the woods in Beckenham Place Park where the ground is a little bit wet with lots of give.  I try and take a short cut and follow the path through the woods (rather than the trail down the railway line) but end up way off course.  I have to run across the top field and down the steep bank to exit the park.

The slog up the hill by Ravensbourne Station is hard, but at the top I am able to go into cruise mode and it's easy back home.

8km 46:31

No comments:

Post a Comment