Sunday 11 March 2012

Fly in the eye long run

I've been tired this week but I need to get the long runs in the bag.  I pack my kit the night before.  I wake up and feel awful.  My lovely wife says:
"Come on you can do it"
And I do.  I get out and set of slowly for the park to run lots of flat laps.  I eventually get going and after an hour I settle into a rhythm.

In one of the corners a swarm of flies appears.   As I run through them I get a fly in the eye and all the discomfort that entails.  |I then have to battle with the flies for the remaining laps.

2 hours in I am starting to struggle.  I have the gel I have brought but then there is another issue.  I need the toilet to empty my guts.  I try to push on, but I realise the game is up.  I am worn out and the toilet is a nice out.

I head back and complete a shorter than the the 3 hour intended run.  The rest of the day I am absolutely worn out.  I definitely was a good work out, just not as long as I need.  I am hoping that this was a hangover from last weeks 20mile run and the tough week at work.  When the big day comes I should be nicely rested and ready to go.

Last week was good, this week I was tired before I started.

When I get back my wife asks what is that on your head?  I look in the mirror and there are a large number of squashed flies stuck to my sweaty forehead.

2"20:00 23.8km

No comments:

Post a Comment