Thursday 15 March 2012

Spring is here!

I decided pretty early on today that I was going to run home from Lewisham.  Even after the lunchtime run I was still on for it.  The question was, would I be able to run across Beckenham Place park or would the darkness win.  The sunset time according to the Weather App on my phone would suggest too dark.

As I depart Lewisham I feel tired but the recent long runs have built up so rhythmic determination.  So I keep plodding along.  I start to bonk but keep at it.  The darkness starts to creep in.

Up in the sky I can see Jupiter and Venus, unusually close together at the moment and the only two bright items in the sky.

I get to the point where I have to decide whether to turn and head or the park or to take the longer route round.  I decide to go for it.

I get to the park and the gate is open.  In the end it is reasonably light.  I had observed the path through the woods from the train the other day and had mentally placed myself there.  Actually being there is so much better.

I run up the big hill that compromises a large part of Railway Fields.  Fortunately the gate at the other side of the park is also still open despite it being quite dark now.

Then it is another slog uphill before the final cruise back home.  I am eager to show Jupiter and Venus to my little girl and it pushes me on.

Once the clocks have gone back then it will be back to running the park way every time.  Hoorah!

8km 46:24

No comments:

Post a Comment