Friday 23 March 2012

Indulgent Run

I need to get some pace back into my running.  I have been doing the big miles but need to get some speed in else I will fail due to being a one pace plodder.  So tonight I plan a quick 4.5km blast from Grove Park.
However it is a beautiful day and I am sick of work.  I dream of running across a sunny Beckenham Place Park.  I decide to "treat" myself by doing the longer run back from Lewisham

Even though I get out on time, the sun is in the last death throws of the day.  I feel tired but having watched a documentary about John Bishop last night, who cycled from Paris to the channel, rowed across the channel and then ran 3 back-to-back Mararthons, I was inspired.  I just knuckled down and got on with it.

Today was one of those days where I got caught at the traffic lights, had to stop and fiddle with the IPhone and stop to sip a drink.  I was also plodding again, so the pace wasn't electric.  It was good to get the solid miles in.

The plan is to do Park Run tomorrow for a little bit of pace.

8km 46:30

No comments:

Post a Comment