Saturday 14 August 2010

East Enders

Yesterday's excursion to the East End, and Victoria Park in Mile End had me thinking canals. All round there I had seen Canals. I seem to remember on Eastender's characters going for walks around the canals.

I felt the urge today to go and look at a canal. These days I only seem to have half an hour for lunchtime runs. I decide to go up to the Lockett's Rockets route-of-pain start point on the canal.

I ran there, slowly in a recovery manner. Looked at the canal without running any of it. Enjoyed it and ran back to the office.

Martin of the running club at work I know had done a massive loop round the Canals, past Victoria Park, through Dockland's and back through the Wapping canals. I'd love to do this. I can't fit it in a lunch time (The run alone took Martin 1"05, it would probably take me 1"30) Maybe one I will save up for work at Christmas when it is slow and I can take a long lunch.

27" 5km perhaps Recovery pace.

No comments:

Post a Comment