Tuesday 10 August 2010

PWR 5K Championships

Interesting one this. The new PWR Clubhouse is by a Cricket Pitch. Someone realised that it is 400m around and a cunning plan was devised.

Twelve and half laps (5km). I set off ridiculously fast. After the 1st lap I ask my lap counter Laura:
"How many laps so far?"
After a while we settle into a steady rythmn. James Wong, Grant and me in a middle-paced group. On the slight uphill leg, Grant and me edge ahead. On the downhill leg, James zips ahead. Eventually Grant drops, and James edges away.

On the second to last lap Karen and Sally zoom past. On the last lap I start to catch them up. Despite a valiant sprint I fail to pass them. I finish 13th out of 21.

I didn't feel great, but it was great fun.

22"55 5k which would be a PB, but I'm not sure it is actually 5km

No comments:

Post a Comment