Thursday 12 August 2010

Viccy Park Assembly League

I tried fishing at the Tuesday night club run to see if I could round up some interest to run this, but no luck.

I was determined to run this. I went with Martin from work, who is a leading light in SEAC (Stock Exchange Athletics Club) He offered to let me run for them, but I kept PWR on the score sheet by running for them. I got my pick of numbers and so went for the Ted Rogers (3-2-1)

At the start I noticed comedian Lee Hurst was running. I was determined to beat him, so I wasn't the biggest joke there.

The run was as usual, a really high standard but enjoyable. A couple of battles, and it ended up with a race against a guy probably 50+ from Aquila AC. I had him on the sprint.

The route is meant to be 3.5 miles. You never know with the assembly league. If I pro-rata my time it would have been a 22.43km 5km (a pb)

My form is good, I feel strong. The truth is I need to lose some weight. I really think it will make all the difference. Damn you beer.

3.5miles 25"28

No comments:

Post a Comment