Thursday 5 August 2010

Shoredtich highstreet

It was my 10th Wedding Anniversary last night. A couple of glasses of Champagne, slap-up meal, nice bottle of Red and a brandy. Obviously our toddler doesn't know this and wake at 5:15 requiring entertainment.

Still a lunchtime run is alway nice. Don't know where the inspiration comes from, but a run over to Bishopsgate and North is the chosen route. The outward leg I fly. Shoreditch high street is full of interesting shops and cafes. 15 minutes in to the run, I turn back. A couple of minutes further back, and suddenly BANG! I feel like death. No energy. I'm hungry and tired.

Friday night, after a few beers, I had gone one stop too far on the train and had to walk 25 minutes back to my house. It was the hardest thing I had done (Worse than 120mile cycle rides and 20 mile running races) I got home and collapsed in the middle of the kitchen until 6:00am....

I called on that spirit on todays run and made it back to the office. Fitness-wise probably not a great workout. In terms of spirit and mental toughness, I kept going. I'll be calling on that some day, sometime more important in the future.

~6km 30"

No comments:

Post a Comment