Friday 17 September 2010

An act of god?

Today's Hare and Hounds 5 mile handicap time trial is impacted by the Pope's visit. The routes is changed to avoid clashing with the crowds and the Pontif.

This is annoying. I decided that this would be my first race in the aquas to see how fast I could race in them. With a wealth of historical data I would be able to assess their impact. Unless the course was changed.

Still I give it a good go. It is still more enjoyable running in these even in the strain of a race. Inevitably Marc zooms past me early on and disappears in to the distance. Every month he seems to be faster and faster but his handicap time doesn't seem to move.

Was caught 500m from the finish on Blackfriars Bridge by one of the elite guys. Paul Savage also flew by on the bridge shouting:
"Hello Aquaman"

I sprint into the finish and finish around mid-pack. Someone Garmin's the route at 5.18 miles, potentially longer than usual.

I'm not sure what my conclusion is. I think I could run faster in "normal" shoes, but I finished mid-pack so it couldn't have been too slow.

5.18 miles 39:45

No comments:

Post a Comment