Wednesday 15 September 2010

Back in business

It would not have been good to run on the foot the last few days. Yesterday, I had a poke around with my foot and out popped a tiny, but razor sharp piece of brown glass. The foot still hurt after that.

Today it felt better. I so enjoyed the run home in the Aquas on Friday, that I decide to use them today. One of the issues I have always had with running in minimal shoes, is that it, frankly, hasn't seemed as fast. However the run home on Friday had made me question that (a PB remember!)

Today, I start off fast. But, as ever in the aquas enjoyable. I decide to the loop, Paternoster Square, Blackfriars, Thameside Path, Tower of London, Leadenhall, London Wall. I keep up the pace and really feel like I am running fast. But it is enjoyable, and you don't tire in the same way.

Duncan at the running club runs in Vibram Five Fingers. And he is fast (way faster than me) I wonder if first you have to learn to run minimally. Then once you have learned how to run, then you can learn to run faster. I'm kind of thinking, learning a new golf swing. You need regress before you can progress.

Friday is the Hare and Hounds 5 mile time trial. I think I may run in the aquas. This will be a good indicator of performance. Though I am minded, that the longer the run, the more you would benefit from the minimal style of running.

Through Leadenhall, I do some extreme running, and skip and dance through the crowds. You just couldn't do it the same in chunky running shoes.

It was good to be running again, and to get away lightly with the glass in the foot.

28"30 around 5km. Lots of traffic light stops.

No comments:

Post a Comment