Friday 24 September 2010

RAF Run


It's the 70th anniversary of the Battle of Britain. I'm reading a book on the subject. I happen to Wikipedia the great, great New Zealander Keith Park. I happen to notice they have erected a statue to him, last week in Waterloo Place off Trafalguar Square.

I have to run to take a look. The great thing is that, on route, is the statue of Dowding and Harris. I stop to admire these other RAF heroes.

I'm running in what used to be my favourite running shoes. They are big and clunky. I joke in my mind
"And people run in these thing?"

It's been raining all day, but I use the rain radar to find a gap for the run (Parallels with the Finest Hour there, scanning the Radar...)

Unfortunately all the tourists take a break in the rain to crowd the streets. I get to the statue, stand in awe and turn to return back.

The run was good, the inspiration greater

5 miles 40ish minutes, lots of Civilians.

No comments:

Post a Comment