Sunday 12 September 2010

Barefoot Park Run II

After yesterdays long run home in the Aquas, I'm not going to hammer parkrun in search of a PB. A nice gentle run, and what better way then completely barefoot?

I arrive in the car park, ditch my shoes and wander over to the start. The usual funny stares. Then the problem. I stand on something sharp. I'm still not sure what. I wonder if there is a thorn in my foot. I brush it away but there is still pain. Trouble is, I have to run now else I'm going to look stupid.

In the end the run is not too painful. David from my wife's work is there. He follow him for a bit but gradually he edges away. He said he was targeting 25 minutes but I know he is going faster. I feel like I am running faster than last time barefoot (24"15), but not as fast as with shoes. Maybe that is because I am not really pushing. It is is easy to run gently barefoot.

I finish with a characteristic sprint. I look at the time 23"59. Sub-24 minutes, barefoot, more than satisfactory. David finished 23"15

Back at the car my feet look muddy. I then realise that some of the "mud" is actuall dog-sh*t. Running completely barefoot feels great but I feel I have proved the point. As Richard pointed out maybe the next thing to try is in the Aquas.

I hope I haven't got something stuck in my foot.

5k 23"59

No comments:

Post a Comment