Tuesday 21 September 2010

Clubbing

Tuesday night and off to the usual PWR club run. I enjoy group 4 lead by Richard. Perfect standard for me and a good friendly bunch of people.

We run up the big hill that is the Orpington bypass. 3 miles of long slow drag. But it's not a drag and is hugely enjoyable. I push the pace at the front.

As we near the finish, Richard lets the group break up. Four of us go off the front. The pace picks up. Suddenly my shoe laces come undone. (I love the Pirahna's but this happened at park run the other day. Something to be careful of in case it happened in a race) I stop and drop off the pace. I see the other three streak of into the distance. I get up and sprint off. Eventually, I manage to fight back. But it has taken it out of me. We run for a bit longer before I feel refreshed and push the pace again.

Suddenly I realise I don't know the way and have to relent. This happens a couple of time. The pace is then picked up again. Rob starts to stretch away pursued by James Wong. The pace for the last mile and half has been very fast. I had peaked to early, mistaking where the finish was. However, ahead I see group one coming to halt and I realise we are at the end.

Apparently at the end we were running 6:30 minute miles. Overall according to James we had done 8:34 min miles over all. It's still mild enough still to be in only a running vest. A great run, with pace being pushed. Perfect to get over the frustrating day at work.

6.7 miles, around an hour (8:34 min miles)

No comments:

Post a Comment