Sunday 19 September 2010

Sunday evening stroll

Long day in the car and traffic jams driving to see some friends on the other side of London. On the way back we had to stop and Mc Donalds to recharge the kids. I willfully resisted the Salty-Fatty-Sugary Fayre myself. I had been well fed at my friends so felt a run was in order (Especially after missing Saturday's park run with a hangover)

I start of okay, and run up to Bromley North and down the high street. I then start to struggle. At Westmoreland Road I head for Beckenham, down the High Street towards Penge. I swing off and head for home.

On the iPod have Fighting Talk. It comes to an end and I stop to put on Spotify for some music. Suddenly my mood is lifted and I zip off. Mindfull of the fact I want to run to work, I try and rein myself in. But now I am enjoying it and keep pushing the pace. In the end I am sad to get back to the house but feel great.

The time was slow, but all my training runs seem to be slower than I expect esp. when I measure them with gmap.

Route here: http://www.gmap-pedometer.com/?r=4052103

6.4 miles (10.25km) 1:01'46

No comments:

Post a Comment