Thursday 2 September 2010

Beckenham Assembly League

A quick 2.8 mile blast just down the road from me. It's the Assembly league so the standard is high. Richard and Johnny G are also running.

Before the race, Johnny is hilariously nervous. The race starts and I decide to use Richard as a pacemaker. On the big hill up to Ravensbourne, I overtake and push on. All the time wondering, worrying when Richard would overtake. I stay clear until the Mc Donalds and Richard sails past. He gets 200m clear and stays there.

They've moved the finish so that is is half way up the hill in Beckenham Place park. A struggle I was not expecting. I put on a token sprint.

Last year I had run 21:00. Today 20"42. Some of the guys had their Garmin's on. The route was 2.78 miles long, and a normalised 5k time would be 23"05. 6 seconds slower than my park run PB.

2.78 miles 20"42.

No comments:

Post a Comment