Wednesday 29 June 2011

3 Bridge Relay Part 2


I have had a rest and some water after the first leg. I cheer Joe back and I am off. I feel a little tired and have some trepidation about the rest of the run. Then I settle and I am fine. I think about running in a more barefoot style and it becomes a little easier.

Over Vauxhall Bridge someone stops, I encourage them as I run past. Down Millbank I take a couple of runners. In front of us a very attractive young lady is running towards us. Another guy that I am overtaking swerves in front of me and promptly apologises.
"Can't think what distracted you", I say and he laughs
Once I get over Lambeth Bridge I realise it will be easier from here.

On the final run in, I sense someone start to pick up speed to overtake me. So I pick up the pace, I don't think I can hold it but the person behind is broken by this and slows down. It really surprises me how often people give up when you put up a fight.

I hammer home. Russell is waiting for me but I am to exhausted to say much. I gradually recover and we congratulate each other.

I had ran to the start from the city (around 3km) I then ran to Victoria afterwards to get my train home. I got a train (around 2km) I then ran from Bromley South to home (around 2.1km)

A really nice evenings running. And I was pleased with my performance, particularly the first leg.

3.75km 16:56

No comments:

Post a Comment