Monday 6 June 2011

On the recovery road

You will have noticed the gap in the blog. A funny thing happened...I was going to a talk by Barefoot Ted (Born to run fame) on Barefoot Running. I was wearing my normal work shoes when I stumbled outside and stubbed my toe. It was really painful for a week. I really was convinced that I had broken it. Just as I was recovering, I managed to stub it again and do the same thing! So for that reason the running has been non-existent the last couple of weeks.

Today it has healed a little. It's still sore, but it should be possible to run on it. I'm feeling a bit tubby and sluggish and realise I am once again back at the foot of the fitness mountain.

I decide a quick half an hour down to Waterloo Bridge and back at lunch time. It has been raining very heavily since yesterday morning. The rain radar suggests it may still be raining, but in reality there is no rain of significance. I wear the aquas, being very careful not to stub my toes.

It is enjoyable and my technique is good, but he spare tyre round my waste feels heavy. The toe is noticible but not agony. Don't think the running did any damage.

4.5km 26:13

No comments:

Post a Comment