Tuesday 21 June 2011

Mid-summer nights run


The club does a special run for mid-summer night. We run in two groups, 1 and 2 together and 3,4,5 and 6 together.

This means the second one should be run at group 3 pace. But it's not the pace is set way to fast by the leader and the group fragments. At one point we are running 4:20/km which is faster than my 5km race pace. I start off well but then start to struggle. I'm in a bad mood, and the stupid way the run is being conducted is only making me more annoyed.

We stop on Chislehurst Common for drinks. I have some beer which probably will not improve the running. I have a good chat with Rob.

We head off again before some big hills which I drag myself up. We then stop once more, this time for coke only. We do the final push back to Willets. I start off near the front but gradually slide backwards. I feel jaded but it was nice to be out and running in the countryside.

Afterwards we go to Mike's for a really nice awards ceremony for the winners of the club 5km and 10km race.

11km 1:10, couple of stops for drinks.

No comments:

Post a Comment