Sunday 19 June 2011

Pram Run


When I did park run at Crystal Palace last week there were some people running with a pram. This week I decide to give it a go with our newly acquired 3 wheeler pram.

My son is just over two and big for his age. I suspect he is going to play front row for New Zealand when he grows up.

Fortunately I had run the course last week so I knew what to expect with the hills. I am wearing the Evo Barefoot's and I run an even pace. Not being able to use my arms affects my style.

Half way round at the cross over point, I see Claire Elms fly by. She is one of South London's strongest runners. Then a minute later I see the other lady runner, also pushing a pram. The fact she was only a minute behind Claire pushing a pram is unbelievable.

My son sits quiet contently observing the comings-and-goings of the park. On the final hill up to the finish, I am aware of someone starting to pick up the pace. So I respond. It then ends up in an all out sprint, which me and my son narrowly win.

Pushing the pram has definitely worked new muscles

5km 29:18

No comments:

Post a Comment