Wednesday 15 June 2011

Hot, hot day

I bought my lunch on the way to work so had the full 40 minutes to play with. I decided to try a Westminster loop.

But I forgot and crossed the river at Charing Cross bridge rather than Westminster. I decide to finish that loop at then stick an extra 10 minutes on the end of the run. The Charing Cross loop I have an informal target of 30 minutes for.

In the end I do 32 minutes but did seriously get caught up in traffic. I run ten minutes extra down London Wall at a slower pace.

Half way down the embankment someone with a "Zambia" bag (Presumably from there) shouted:
"Is there a Marathon on?", obviously confused by all the runners working their way along the embankment.
"No, It's always like this at lunch time I reply"
That's London for you, tourists and runners.

It was hot, and afterwards I feel dehydrated.

6.5km 38:12

No comments:

Post a Comment