Saturday 25 June 2011

Barefoot Park Run PB


After yesterday's run home, I wanted to take it easy. A little bit of rain and the grass thriving meant that it was likely to be a prime day for a bit of barefoot action.

The numbers seem to have swelled since I have been here last. I start of nice and steadily and everyone zooms past. I gradually reel them in. Running barefoot is lovely and I feel engaged with the world.

I notice that I am running at the same pace as Helen from the club. This continues all the way to the last km. I try and drop her a couple of times, but she remains. In the final straight she drops me and I can't go with her. A couple of other people pass.

I then see someone behind me start sprinting so, I decide to hold my place. I hold them off. Then at the finish I realise it is a girl around the age of 11.

In the end the time was pretty decent given the run yesterday and the barefoot. It is the fastest I have ever done it barefoot. Richard and Jenny from the club say they are going to do it barefoot next week...

5km 22:42

No comments:

Post a Comment