Tuesday 28 June 2011

Summer Evening Trail Running


The last few days I have felt wiped out. Saturday's night Running Club Ball probably hasn't helped. I did a decent bike ride on Sunday night. I probably couldn't have run yesterday I was so tired.

But tonight at the club I flew along. James took us on a fantastic, mostly offroad route through Petts Wood, Chislehurst and around. At one point we came whizzing down the trails and I was in flow heaven. There I had a glimmer of the path back to fitness and top form.

Three quarters of the way round and after chatting to some people, I decide to retreat into some music. When I put the player on I realise it has no music on it!

As we exit Petts Wood, I realise it is just over a short sprint back to the start. I start pushing at the front. I then remember that I am racing in the Three Bridges Relay tomorrow and slow down, people stream past me and eventually I finish at the back.

Beautiful evening, with a muggy dampness in the air. Some of the trail running was terrific.

10km 57"00

No comments:

Post a Comment