Monday 28 October 2013

After the storm

There was a big storm overnight.  Trains are chaos in the morning.  I bus to work but resolve to run home.  I get all kitted up and as I leave the building it is hammering down with rain.  I abandon.  I get the DLR to Lewisham.  The trains are chaos.  I decide to get the bus instead.

A short while after waiting at the crowded bus stop I notice the rain has stopped.  I decide to run back from there.  I push it at a tempo effort. It's not raining all I get is wet feet through the "air flow" holes in the bottom of the shoes

 The last couple of miles I push hard and it hurts.  I get back and the time is 45 minutes.  At London Marathon Peak fitness I could run this in 39:35.  Perhaps I went a quicker route I don't know.  I want to get back to that fitness though.

5 miles 45:11

No comments:

Post a Comment