Thursday 24 October 2013

Intervals on a beautiful Autumn Evening

A beautiful autumn's evening at the track.  Rob and Jenny are back.  Lee from last week is here again.   It's 3 lots of 1 mile today.  We do the tempo together.  Then on the 1st mile they streak ahead.  Lee is off with them and isn't stuck behind me this week.  I run pretty even 1:45 laps plus or minus a second.

I take a 90 second rest and we are off again.  Rob and Jenny streak off again and I do not see them again.  I am working hard but still manage to rack up the consistent laps.

The final of the 3 sets, Rob and Jenny are blown and I am ahead of them.  I once again run consistently 1:45 laps.  On the 3rd lap I throw in a random 1:49 but the other laps are consistent 1:44-146.  I am having to work harder to achieve these.  At the finish Rob puts in a push and cruises past me on the line.

A good session.  I had to work hard and I could feel the cycle to work and back in the legs.  But I could feel the work making me stronger.  Proud of my consistency.

1mile tempo warm-up, 3 x 1 mile, 90 seconds recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment