Saturday 19 October 2013

Easy 5km on a Saturday night getting back into it

After a busy family day with the kids and lots of washing up (the dishwasher is broken)  I decide to go out and get in a quick 5km.  I've done lots of runs (not much mileage) but I'm building back the consistency.

I've also gone LCHF.  I've been reading lots about this and am convinced it is the healthy way to be.  I told my wife that I was determined to give it a go and she seemed resigned to the fact.  This was particularly hard when we had fish and chips for tea.  I stuck to the fish liberated from the batter.   However I am starting to feel better for it.  The next couple of weeks should be even more interesting.

I start off slowly and settle in about at the theatre.  On the way out the youngster had not really started gathering for a nights drinking yet.  I swing round the signpost in Beckenham and head back.  Now there are more people arriving.  I start to feel it on the ascent back towards home but my form feels good and I keep going.  Soon I am back.  It's remarkably mild for October.

5km 27:20

No comments:

Post a Comment