Tuesday 29 October 2013

Tired legs at the club

My wife has a friend round so I get to go to the running club tonight.  I can feel yesterday's run in the legs.  I briefly think about group 6 but decide to go with group 5.

The pace at the start seems fast.  My legs hurt.  I then realize that the pace is fast.  Some of the runners at the back are struggling.  Unfortunately the leaders at the front aren't too concerned with those at the back.  I decide to slow down and run in the middle so those at the back don't get lost.

Around half way we stop.  One of the runners who has moved up a group tries to let it be known that she is struggling with the pace.  This is dismissed in a patronizing way by the front group.  After going out about 30 seconds a mile faster than was stated we then run up a big, big hill.   People at the club wonder why people find it hard to move groups and improve their running.

On form I would find group 5 and the pace easy.  However I am still looking for my running mojo at the moment.  Sometimes their is a lag effect on training where you don't see the results for a few weeks.

6.2 miles53:15

No comments:

Post a Comment