Sunday 10 November 2013

Berry's Green Circular Walk on Remembrance Day

Lots to do today.  Need to get back and take my two youngest to see the Spitfires at Biggin Hill.  My wife is taking my other daughter to the church.  Long run first though.  I get up at 7 and head to Cudham.

The first hour of the run is hard.  I get on with it.  In Downe I see some lost hikers probably on their Duke of Edinborough.  They are lost. I show them my GPS mapping.  No worse cheating than me telling them where they were

Then gradually, somewhere around the North Downs way, it gets easier.   I stop to take some photos and then I'm in the groove.  Not as fast as January this year but getting better.  Then a problem.  A fallen tree totally blocks the way.  I climb over the fence into a field and around it.   I then bump into a pack of 4 or 5 other runners, some I recognise from local running events.  They follow me for a while and then we separate.

Soon I am on the last walk up the steep slope and gentle road trundle for a few hundred metres.  This whole run feels tough.  I did a few times before starting my serious marathon training and it was probably what got me into shape.

13.5km 1:35:59

No comments:

Post a Comment