Wednesday 13 November 2013

Evening return run

I feel tired in the afternoon at work but part of that is boredom with work.  I get out at 5:30pm and head for the Greenwich Foot Tunnel.  They are now making progress and on one staircase most of the hoarding is down.

I was planning to run on the outside of Greenwich park on the road that goes up the side.  But even though it is dark the park is still open and traffic is going through.  I decide to gamble and run through it.  It is dark.  Still I am soon out the otherside.  I noticed it closes at 6.  I'm not sure how close to 6 I am.

I run across Blackheath and it is still a bit of a struggle.  Then somewhere, on the far side of Lee it gets easier.   I suspect it is around the magic 45 minutes to and hour mark.  I always find the first part of the run the hardest before it gets easier.  One problem though, I need a wee wee.  Badly.  I don't find anywhere to go.

My usual 5km run back from Grove Park is fun.  By the time I reach Bromley North the pace has picked up and I am really enjoying the run.   Still need a wee wee though.

I manage to hold on until I get home.  The second half of the run was fantastic, though slightly ruined by the need-of-a wee-wee.

A good block of mileage today.  Hopefully will be fresh for intervals tomorrow and 5 mile race on Friday.

14.4km 1:32:17

No comments:

Post a Comment