Thursday 28 November 2013

Surprisingly good intervals

After yesterday's cross country we wound down with some relaxing drinks and by the end of the evening I was quite relaxed.  So come tonights track I'm not expecting much.  I cunningly have a coffee in the car on the way there.

We do the 1 mile tempo and then onto a pyramid session.  We do 1 minute out, the whistle is blown and then we run back.  We then move up through 2 minutes out and back, 4 minutes out and back and the back down again.  I'm surprised out how hard I am able to run.  There is no tiredness in the legs from the run and no real hangover.

I concentrate on running with my left leg as well.  I don't know if it makes me faster but means I am able to count my steps.

Doing a run out and back means that everyone ends up running together at the end.  This makes it a fun, social event with plenty of banter.

Intervals 1x2minutes 1x4minutes 1x8minutes 1x4minutes 1x2minutes

No comments:

Post a Comment