Wednesday 6 November 2013

Hitting the connections

The plan was to get the DLR to Lewisham and tempo it back from there.  I get to the DLR and it is broken.  Someone on the line at Canary Wharf.  I am in a rush to get back for Fireworks night at home with the kids.  The Jubilee tube line looks broken as well.  I decide to start running and see what happens.

About 1 miles in, as I run past Mudchute I notice a DLR train running next to me.  Pretty empty.  I sprint to the station and jump on the train.  I then realize I can get a train from Lewisham on the Hayes line.  I sprint and make this.  

I get of at New Beckenham which is only a couple of miles back to home.  The pace is nothing special but this route lets me feel that I have beaten the transport system. 

On Copers Cope road I nearly get run-over by a stupid woman pulling out of her drive while looking at her mobile phone.  I say nearly run-over but I saw her and stopped.  She never saw me.

I loop on to the "back from Beckenham Cinema" route and up the hill.  I still feel that gradually I am on my way back to fitness

5km (split in two ) 29:00

No comments:

Post a Comment