Monday 18 November 2013

Feeling Fresher Beckenham Cinema

I haven't been feeling the running love lately.  I had some dark moments in the Cat and Canary, so I decided to take a couple of days off running.  Today I was thinking about not running.  I didn't take my PE kit to work.  Last night I had an hours kip on the sofa and then went to bed at 9:30pm.  The kids have been ill.

Somehow I decide to do the Beckenham loop.  I'm not sure how it will go.  The first 20metres are great and then it is a bit harder.  Then somewhere about a third of the way in it gets easier.  The techno music helps.

On the way back I power up the hill more than I have done in a while.  I concentrate on running with my left leg as well.  Sometimes I think it comes along for the ride.  In cycling there is an exercise where you ride with one leg at a time to make sure you are balanced.  You can't do that with running.

Eventually I crest the last hill and then bang my way back home.  Definitely a better run.  The time is good as well.  Though when I was the London Marathon Beast I did it two minutes quicker (Though that was an extraordinary day which was one of my best ever runs)

5km 26:08

No comments:

Post a Comment