Thursday 23 January 2014

Happy Days

I was out partying last night.  I am tempted to skip the track.  But I commit and go.  Mike has promised us a marathon specific session.

We do 1 3/4 laps of the track, out the track, out the park and up towards the George pub.  We keep running until the first runner comes back.  Once back at the track we run until Mike blows the whistle after 15 minutes.

We then do 5x3 minutes with 1 minute recovery.  This gets me about 1 2/3rds around the track.  I then have to scamper to get back to the start before the next session.  This I manage to do on all the intervals.

After a while, I realise that I am feeling good.   I am running strong and is not too painful.   There are a couple of runners who I try and track.  The last few weeks I had been no where near.  Tonight I am able to keep them in range.

Then on to the second 15 minutes and back towards the George.  The pace on this run picks up.  We are all running way faster than marathon pace but it is great fun.   Great fun!  Haven't thought that for a while.  I think not having done a Wednesday 9 miler has helped.  The most important session is the long run.  The next most important is probably these intervals.

The quick run back from Lewisham on Tuesday and tonight's great session (despite the hangover), things are starting to fall into place.

1x15minutes 5x3minutes (1 minute recovery) 1x15minutes

1 comment: