Sunday 12 January 2014

Horrible, Hungry, Wet Long Run

The trouble with putting off my long run all weekend is that in the end it has to be done.  And that end is Sunday night.  It is drizzling and it is cold.    So without dinner I head out.

First 20 minutes are okay.  From then on, I am cold and hungry.  The music player wouldn't work properly so I leave it behind.   I run out through old Hayes, Hayes, West Wickham before finally turning back in Shirley.  At least it is downhill back from here.

For various reasons (to be explained later and elsewhere) I have decided that not only will this be my last marathon it will be my last timed run of any kind.  Nights like this remind me why.  The important thing is not to let my impending retirement this impact my motivation.

Towards the end I pick up some speed but I am still very glad when I get home.

12miles 1:54:05

No comments:

Post a Comment