Friday 31 January 2014

Greenwich loop and killer black taxi drivers

I was going to run the 11 miles home tonight but it is going to be very rainy indeed.  Instead I compromise with a 5mile Greenwich loop at lunchtime.

I'm not massively motivated by get on with it all the same.  I crest the observatory and weave through the tourist throngs.

At the bottom of Greenwich park, as I exit the gate a see a Black Taxi driver  swerve round a lady cyclist almost knocking her off and then proceeding to shout abuse at her.  I see the drive and tell him
"You almost killed her!, slow down"
He tells me to carry on running
"I say, you almost killed her"
"I'll run you over and kill you the next time I see you"
He then rapidly (and dangerously) drives off
I take the license number (but not the license plate) but probably not worth doing anything about it, as the cyclist had gone by then and little or no evidence.

I'm in a trance for the rest of the run until I get to the bridge.  As I approach the bridge I stumble heavily and head chest first to a metal pole at chest height, I maintain my grace and flick round it.  I may not be fast but I am proud of the running technique I have developed.

The time (interrupted by arguments with taxi drivers) is decent

5miles 48:50

No comments:

Post a Comment