Sunday 26 January 2014

Late Long Run to Biggin Hill after an afternoon of drinking beer

I was meant to do my long run yesterday after taking an additional day of on Friday.  But yesterday I got dressed in my kit put the kids to bed and took my kit of again.  I just felt ill.  Tonight I put my kit on put the kids to bed and head out.  Which is strange because I have spent the afternoon drinking beer with friends.

I head out through Hayes towards Biggin Hill.  It's not too bad.  I think about the impending end of my running exploits but am more sanguine about the upcoming marathon.  There are not many people around and I stride on.

Eventually I reach 1:30 on my watch somewhere in the middle of Biggin Hill.  I turn and head back.  I have a patch where I really start enjoying my running and feel great.  The slog back up Pickhurst Lane is horrible.  The last 500m or so I really need the toilet.  I am delighted when I get home.  The time is remarkable.  I have managed to run 1:29:30 on the way back.  The way back should be quicker as it is significantly more downhill (The clue is in "Biggin Hill")

Still, a good run.  While only 15 miles, 15 hard miles with all the climbing and still well placed at this point of the training.

15 miles 2:29:30

No comments:

Post a Comment