Wednesday 8 December 2010

Birthday Snow Run


It's my birthday and I have the middle of the day to myself (No kids or work) I decide to treat myself with a run. It's still snowy and icy on the pavement so I think offroad will be better.

I decide to do the Nash Circular walk. I find the route on the internet and see that it is 4.2 miles. Perhaps not long enough. I consider 2 laps.

I drive to the Keston Car Park wearing my new warm winter coat kindly bought by my parents for my birthday. As this is further out in the country it is still very snowy, and very beautiful. I stop a couple of times to take photos. In the end I stop as it is interrupting my flow and my hands are cold.

A short way in I come across some walkers
"Beautiful isn't it?" I say.
They are suprised to see someone running through the snow.

I complete a lap easily and go back to the car for a quick swig of sports drink. I turn round and head back. At one point I stop on the road, and before I know it I slip over. Fortunately I have the sense to fall on my shoulder to avoid hurting myself.

In the middle of Well Wood I get lost. I realise that I am running back the way I came. I see the walkers from earlier who are staggered that I am still running. But I am completely lost. I can't work out how I have looped back on myself. I run back and identify a possible point of error. I decide to gamble and follow that route. It puts me back on track.

The climb back up towards Wilberforce is tough and I start to feel tired. I make it though.

After the run I feel great. I have been sick and feeling down. Now I feel back and running. I'm ready to start the marathon training.

~8.4 Miles just short of 2hours. Snow. Beautiful

No comments:

Post a Comment