Saturday 11 December 2010

Saturday Night

I'm taking this marathon seriously and even though I don't want to I go out running Saturday night, I do. My intended schedule is a bit out of the window but I reckon an hours running is required.

I decide to do a Hayes loop. Run down to Hayes, up to the common, down to Hayes School and then back down the high street and up Pickhurst Lane.

After 1km I'm struggling. I hope that I will drop the sluggishness and pick-up after a few km. But I don't. On the return running back up Pickhurst Lane I stop and walk at least three times. I keep going but I'm not flowing.

I had only had dinner an hour and half before (a nice, but heavy risotto) and I think it was dragging. About 1km before home I feel a bit better, but not great. I decide to pick up to a fast pace. Not because I want to, just to prove I can do it. I zoom for a couple of hundred metres and then return to reluctant teenager mode.

I didn't run well, not sure I hated it but didn't love it. It was still worth doing.

8.5km 57:32 (That is terrible! but better than not going out)

No comments:

Post a Comment