Saturday 18 December 2010

Pre-snow park run


After yesterday's efforts I decide to just jog park run. It is going to snow heavily today and if I work up and it was snowy I would have to run there. But it hadn't. The snow would come later.

As it was the last race before Christmas there was a fancy dress contest. Super heroes, Santas, Christmas Trees. Some really good efforts. I put on a santa hat over my usual beanie. Hardly a stirling effort, but it is a token.

I've never managed to do it before, but today I actually run a steady even pace. I resist the temptation to race. The ground is frozen solid and it is safer to run on the grass than the slippery tarmac.

I cross the finish and go for a coffe and a mince pie. The snow is starting to pick up.

5km 24:30

No comments:

Post a Comment