Thursday 23 December 2010

On the Christmas Wind Down


I shouldn't be running today as according to my training schedule it is a rest day. I have also a couple of days of hard snow running. I know I may not get out Christmas Eve or Christmas Day so best to get the run in the bank.

I decide to take it easy and wear the aqua shoes. I set off fast. I know what will happen, I'll run like crazy for a km or so and then slow to a crawl. But I don't. I run down across London Bridge and then down towards Tower Bridge. Two fast looking runners join the path outside the London Assembly. Sorry, not today boys and I quickly dispatch the first one. The second one takes a little longer, but I gradually reel him in and then fly past, flap, flapping in my aqua shoes. By the other side of Tower Bridge he is long gone.

I keep running fast and my form feels good. This is fun. I fly down London Wall, zig-zagging through the crowds. It is cold though!

I get back to the office and feel great.

Around 4.5km 23:30

No comments:

Post a Comment