Saturday 4 December 2010

Snow Park Run


I'm feeling ill (Cough), I had a couple of beers last night and the last few days we have had 20cm of Snow. Perfect, for a park run.

We have had the good fortune to recently buy a 4x4. So the drive to Norman Park and in the car park is easy. The ground is too covered in snow to find a parking place the car is dumped anywhere.

There are at least 60 other crazy people here. You can feel the sense of excitement and adventure.

I start off at an absolutely crazy pace and after 1km start to suffer. Some places are snow, some are mud and some are grey ice. I think I am suffering more with my illness and beer breath than the snow.

A couple of times I nearly quit, but quitting gets you know where so I dig deep and keep going. Gradually more and more people get past me.

As I cross the finish I look at the time. 27:15. Only 15 seconds slower than my slowest ever (which was also impacted by illness and beery-ness but in perfect conditions)

Runs like this are good as they mix up the training and build character.

5km 27:15 Snowy!

No comments:

Post a Comment