Wednesday 15 December 2010

Canals in a good mood

I feel great after yesterday's long run. I decide to go along the canals at Wapping. This is a treat I usually save for black moods but I fancy it today.

I start off fast and keep a decent pace. Down at the canals everyone else seems to be running faster than me, but I'm not too bothered.

I am in work early today but will be there late as it is our Christmas party. So I'm able to tack on an extra 15 minutes to the run without feeling too guilty. I usually make it to Tobbaco Dock, but today I make it a little further.

There is a magic point I reach on London Wall where I start to pick up the pace. It could be that I know I'm nearly back or maybe it is slightly down hill. And I manage to really pick up the pace. Weaving in and out of people, it feels really good.

According to my Marathon Training scheduke it should be club night (basically an hour of faster running) I did 48 minutes, not as fast if I was running in a group.

I feel great afterwards.

48 minutes, around 8km

No comments:

Post a Comment