Thursday 16 May 2013

Back to Track

Back to the track for intervals.  I love the track.  Tonight it is 3 x 1 mles followed by 8x60m.

The miles are hard.  The groups fragment.  I was running reps like this so easily during the marathon training. The first mile I average 1:40 a lap, but the last rep this is out to about 1:46.  The last rep Michael runs it with me and we chat.  It's still light and feels like spring though a little chilly.  It seems miles away from the winter cold.

The 8 x 60 are a different matter.  We are meant to be running them at 70% and I do.  Everyone else streaks ahead.  For the last one  I decide to give it 100% (Just to see what it feels like you see, so I can gauge 70% for next week...)   I edge ahead.  I love the sprints and relish everyone.   Maybe I am fast twitch.  That can be my new excuse.

Intervals 3x1 miles.  1 lap walk/jog recovery and 8 x 60m

No comments:

Post a Comment