Tuesday 28 May 2013

Summer intervals

You know it is summer; it has rained all day.  My wife gets back from the running club and I head out.  Down to Shortlands park.  I decide to run the road side of the park where there are more lights.  I do 10 x 1:25.  I have my shiny new Hyperspeed running shoes.  The are the older model which I liked more than the current model, but as the guy in the shop pointed out they are virtually the same.

I concentrate on driving my knees and I zip along.  I think about some of the drills we do at the track and I start to understand how they relate to good form.  Flicking hills on the bum, skipping, shooshing your feet.

The other thing I think about is what are intervals about?  Get using to the pain of running fast.  And as I run fast I try and think about where I am hurting.  I don't feel pain.  I have an "urge" to slow down but no pain.  I try and override the urge.  I seem to be running fasting.

Intervals 10 x 1:25 with 1 minute recovery.

No comments:

Post a Comment