Thursday 23 May 2013

Synthetic Intervals

I can't run track tonight as my wife is out.  I was going to run at lunchtime with the interval group but work intervenes.  I wasn't expecting to run on the way home but I had brought some kit anyway.  I get the train to Sydenham. I then run 3x7mins with 2 min recovery.  This should approximate to run 3x1mile.  

It's hard running intervals not on the track as there are hills and roads in the way.  I basically do 3 good, hard 7 min efforts.  Not particularly fast as I wasn't feeling the love.  I think this is the kind of running that makes you faster.  Hopefully back to the track next week.

I think the last interval may have been a minute short.  My maths goes to pieces when I am running

Rough Intervals 3x1miles with 2 min recovery

No comments:

Post a Comment